Halton Hills and North Halton newspapers
Burn permits are required
Independent & Free Press (Georgetown, ON), 28 Mar 2007, p. 14

Full Text

Halton Hills Fire Protection and Prevention Services reminds area residents a burn permit is required by anyone who plans to do any open burning. In an effort to help citizens process their applications the fire department will be hosting two Saturday morning sessions-- one this Saturday (March 31), and the other April 7 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Acton and Georgetown fire stations. Staff will be on duty to receive the applications. As of January 1, 2007 the charge for burn permits is $20 for recreational or residential, $200 for commercial/construction. There is no charge for a burn permit for a farm. An applicant must complete an application and forward the appropriate fee to Halton Hills Fire Protection & Prevention Services, 53 Maple Ave. Georgetown, to obtain a permit. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Upon receipt of the completed application and appropriate fee the Fire Service will contact the applicant to arrange for a site inspection. The inspection team will issue the permit upon successful completion of the site inspection and agreement to follow the conditions of the permit. Applications can be obtained at either the Acton or Georgetown fire stations, Public Education Information Centre at Georgetown Market Place or at www.haltonhills.ca. For more information regarding open-air burning and burn permits call 905-877-1133.

Media Type:
Item Types:
Date of Publication:
28 Mar 2007
Corporate Name(s):
Halton Hills Fire Protection and Prevention Services ; Acton ; Georgetown ; Georgetown Market Place
Local identifier:
Language of Item:
Copyright Statement:
Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Halton Hills Public Library
WWW address
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit

My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

Burn permits are required