Halton Hills and North Halton newspapers
Area fire leads to ventilator safety warning
Publication:
Independent & Free Press (Georgetown, ON), 3 Jan 2007, p. 4


Description
Full Text

A Halton Region area fire that caused injuries to two firefighters has lead to a national safety warning. Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRVs) manufactured by Venmar Ventilation Inc. are suspected to be the source of a September fire in Burlington that caused $500,000 damage and left a family homeless. A related incident has also occurred in a Halton Hills home. Venmar Ventilation is voluntarily and immediately implementing a safety upgrade program for certain HRVs that it manufactures. "It has come to Venmar's attention that an unlikely series of circumstances can lead to a motor overheating in certain models, that may result in a potential fire hazard," said a Venmar representative. HRVs are part of the heating, cooling and ventilating systems in many newer homes. Other companies involved in a consumer alert include the Lifebreath, Tradewinds, Honeywell, Lennox, Fresh-X-Changer, American Aldes, Raydot, Standex, Sears Authorize Indoor Clean Air Services, Nutone and Air Flow manufacture between 1991 to 2001. Venmar is asking owners of HRVs that are covered by this program to immediately turn their unit off and unplug it, and contact them as soon as possible by phone at 1-866-441-4646 or by visiting their website at www.venmar.ca.


Media Type:
Newspaper
Item Types:
Articles
Clippings
Date of Publication:
3 Jan 2007
Subject(s):
Local identifier:
Halton.News.218654
Language of Item:
English
Copyright Statement:
Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Contact
Halton Hills Public Library
Email
WWW address
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Area fire leads to ventilator safety warning