Halton Hills and North Halton newspapers
Alert neighbour earns praise for preventing serious house fire
Publication:
Independent & Free Press (Georgetown, ON), 25 Oct 2006, p. 8


Description
Full Text

If not for a fast-acting neighbour, a fire at a Mountainview Rd. S. home Wednesday morning (Oct. 18) could have ended in disaster. A spokesperson for Halton Hills Fire Protection and Prevention Services said the smoke alarms in the home weren't working because the homeowner had removed the batteries the previous night as they were activating while she was cooking. At about 7:51 a.m. a neighbour smelled smoke and noticed smoke coming from the second floor window of the home. He banged on the door to awaken the residents of the home while his wife called the fire department. The residents of the home and the neighbour rushed up to the second floor through the smoke to extinguish the fire that was contained to the mattress and bedding in one of the rooms. A resident of the house returned home from work later and told the firefighters that she had lit a cigarette in the room, forgot about it, and went to work. There was no significant damage to the home.


Media Type:
Newspaper
Item Types:
Articles
Clippings
Date of Publication:
25 Oct 2006
Subject(s):
Local identifier:
Halton.News.211440
Language of Item:
English
Copyright Statement:
Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Contact
Halton Hills Public Library
Email
WWW address
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Alert neighbour earns praise for preventing serious house fire