Halton Hills and North Halton newspapers
Acton's Shoppers Drug Mart to hold fundraiser for school playground and new Agricultural Society building
Publication:
Independent & Free Press (Georgetown, ON), 23 Aug 2006, p. 23


Description
Full Text

Until Sept. 15, Shoppers Drug Mart customers in Acton will be asked to lend support to the 2006 Tree of Life fundraising campaign. The local store has selected the McKenzie-Smith Bennett Public School Playground Fund and the Acton Agricultural Society's It's More Than Fair building campaign fund as its local charities of choice. The campaign gives customers the opportunity to purchase and personalize their own `leaf' for a loonie, `maple leaf' for $5 or an `apple' for $50, which are then attached to a tree branch and displayed prominently in Shoppers Drug Mart. When the final amount is tallied, 75 per cent will be donated to community funds and the remaining 25 per cent will be directed to aid national healthcare charities. "Since the start of our Tree of Life campaign, customers and employees of Shoppers Drug Mart have given back over $5.3 million to the communities in which we work and live," said Karen Bossin, director, Events and Public Relations at Shoppers Drug Mart.


Media Type:
Newspaper
Item Types:
Articles
Clippings
Date of Publication:
23 Aug 2006
Subject(s):
Corporate Name(s):
Shoppers Drug Mart ; McKenzie-Smith Bennett Public School Playground Fund ; Acton Agricultural Society
Local identifier:
Halton.News.209242
Language of Item:
English
Copyright Statement:
Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Contact
Halton Hills Public Library
Email
WWW address
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Acton's Shoppers Drug Mart to hold fundraiser for school playground and new Agricultural Society building