Election Q&A: CAROLANN KRUSKY (Christian Heritage Party)
- Independent & Free Press (Georgetown, ON), 11 Jan 2006, p. 12
- Full Text
1. Why are you the best candidate to represent the riding of Wellington-Halton Hills? (Response limited to 100 words) I have stepped forward to represent Christian Heritage Party during this election to give people the opportunity to vote for the one and only party which is pro-life, pro-family and has a plan to address judicial activism. It is important to ensure that a Standing Committee is set up to review decisions made by the Judiciary to ensure that they are conforming to the Constitution.
2. Looking at each of the other parties separately, please offer an opinion as to why they should not form the next government. (Response limited to 200 words) I don't believe in disputing between the parties. Our platform is unique as I have stated above. We are the only party which is pro-life, pro-family and will set up a Standing Committee to ensure that your vote and my vote counts by allowing our Parliament to form any changes to the constitution-- not judges.
3. What is the major local issue(s) in this campaign and what will you do to deal with it if elected? (Response limited to 100 words) Gun control and the murders caused by guns is being heavily covered by the media at present. People are concerned. Christian Heritage Party has not just invented a policy concerning guns. We have always maintained in our policies that the sentence must match the crime and the sentence must be carried out. CHP suggest tougher sentencing standards for gun related crimes. If a gun is used in a crime, the sentence automatically doubles, if the gun is loaded, it automatically doubles again, if the gun is discharged during the perpetration of a crime, it automatically triples again. We do not believe it is proper to impose standards on law-abiding citizens which criminals will not observe, such as a registered plan the federal government has already imposed through BillC-68.
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Date of Publication:
- 11 Jan 2006
- Personal Name(s):
- Krusky, Carolann
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Halton Hills Public Library